Silence Therapeutics is a world leader in RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics and offers one of the most comprehensive short interfering RNA (siRNA) therapeutic platforms available today based on a large clinical safety database:
Silence has developed a novel, proprietary siRNA technology (AtuRNAi®) which offers greater stability and better tolerability over conventional siRNA molecules. Silence’s unique RNAi assets include:
- structural features for RNAi molecules,
- specific design rules for increased potency and
- reduced off-target effects of siRNA sequences.
The same scale-up process for all AtuRNAi® molecules allows faster preclinical development and lower cost of goods.
Silence owns multiple proprietary siRNA delivery technology platforms including AtuPLEX®, DACC and DBTC:
- AtuPLEX enables the broad functional delivery of siRNA molecules to targeted diseased tissues and cells, while increasing their bioavailability and intracellular uptake;
- the DACC delivery system allows functional delivery of siRNA molecules selectively to the lung endothelium with a long duration of target mRNA and protein knock-down;
- the DBTC delivery system enables functional delivery of siRNA molecules selectively to liver cells including hepatocytes.
Silence’s clinical siRNA pipeline is one of the broadest in the industry with 5 clinical siRNA programs of which 4 are partnered with Pfizer/Quark and Novartis/Quark.
Silence RNAi therapeutic platform has received key validation through multiple partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies including AstraZeneca, Dainippon Sumitomo, Pfizer/Quark, and Novartis/Quark and others.
Strong intellectual property position with issued composition of matter patents.